Mental Health First Aid® Maryland: Affordably Serving Maryland’s Need for Evidence-Based Training
Mental Health First Aid Maryland has been part of Mental Health First Aid USA from the program’s inception. Together with the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, we leveraged federal funding from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to lead the creation of the first Mental Health First Aid USA curriculum, in partnership with the Missouri Department of Mental Health and the National Council for Behavioral Health.
Your tax dollars paid for the creation of Mental Health First Aid here in the states and $15 million in federal funds annually support the program today in communities across the country. We take that government commitment seriously and strive to make instructor and first aider training affordable and accessible to all.
Operated by the Mental Health Association of Maryland, Mental Health First Aid Maryland is here to meet your needs. We offer:
- Affordable, evidence-based Instructor and First Aider training
- Commitment to scholarships and affordable training for all, a hallmark of our program since inception
- Long history of program engagement from the ground up — in fact, our senior trainer was the first person from the US team to travel to Australia to certify as an instructor and review the Mental Health First Aid International program
- Instructor and participant-friendly curriculum materials
- Personal attention, training and technical assistance from leaders who originated the program in the United States