How To #BeTheDifference This November
November 11 is Veterans Day, so we’re focusing on veteran and military mental health for the entire month of November.
Since 2007, we have:
- Trained over 26,000 Marylanders in Mental Health First Aid
- Taught over 1,700 Mental Health First Aid classes throughout Maryland to diverse audiences
- Developed a network of dedicated instructors who introduce the program to their local communities
- Provided discounts and scholarships to keep the program accessible
Mental Health First Aid®
This 8-hour, national certification course teaches you:
- Risk factors and signs for mental health and substance use problems
- 5-step action plan for helping someone in either a crisis or non-crisis situation
- Local resources so you know where to turn for help
You Can Make a Difference
Every day any of us may encounter someone who is experiencing a mental health problem or crisis at work, school or in our everyday lives. In fact, one in five people are living with a mental illness. We can help by incorporating Mental Health First Aid® where we live, work, worship and play. The more people who are trained as first aiders, the more we are able to help.