Be the Difference in December
With the holiday season here, it is not uncommon to experience feelings of stress and sadness. Click here to learn how to access care in Maryland.
Since 2007, we have:
- Trained over 26,000 Marylanders in Mental Health First Aid
- Taught over 1,700 Mental Health First Aid classes throughout Maryland to diverse audiences
- Developed a network of dedicated instructors who introduce the program to their local communities
- Provided discounts and scholarships to keep the program accessible
Mental Health First Aid®
This 8-hour, national certification course teaches you:
- Risk factors and signs for mental health and substance use problems
- 5-step action plan for helping someone in either a crisis or non-crisis situation
- Local resources so you know where to turn for help
You Can Make a Difference
Every day any of us may encounter someone who is experiencing a mental health problem or crisis at work, school or in our everyday lives. In fact, one in five people are living with a mental illness. We can help by incorporating Mental Health First Aid® where we live, work, worship and play. The more people who are trained as first aiders, the more we are able to help.